18/03/2023 -08.17 pm
Measuring and Comparing Achievements of Learning Outcomes in Higher Education in Asia
- Project duration: 3 years
- A Joint Project under Key Action 2 Erasmus+.
The CALOHEA project seeks to contribute to the internationalization of higher education institutions by developing a series of interrelated measures indispensable for improving recognition of higher education degrees and, thus, not only enhancing mobility within the South East Asian region but also facilitating mobility from the EU to South East Asia and vice versa.
The project unites 31 institutions across 8 countries within ASEAN and 5 countries within Europe. The institutions create teams in the subject area of Civil Engineering, Medicine, and Teacher Education, which form a Subject Area Group (SAG).
The ASEAN University Network (AUN) acts as a coordinator within the region, while the University of Groningen (RUG) is the project coordinator. Participating institutions were carefully selected over shared values and complementary expertise for maximum impact at institutional, national, and regional levels.
This large-scale project addresses the issues faced by institutions in the South-East Asia (SEA) Region. The CALOHEA project will address all the elements necessary for smooth recognition at the regional and international levels and for the internationalization of HEIs at the institutional level. The project focuses on the 3 Key Recognition Mechanisms (RMs):
- RM1: Creation and use of Regional Subject-Specific Qualifications and Assessment Reference Frameworks to permit greater comparability of institutional degree program profiles.
- RM2: Instalment of the culture of Student Workload Measurement as an integral part of curriculum design.
- RM3: Implementation of Authentic Assessment of internationally comparable Learning Outcomes in degree programs.
In the framework of the CALOHEA Erasmus+ project co-funded by the European Union, representatives of the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Foreign Languages, Svay Rieng University, Cambodia and is represented by one Subject Area Group- Teacher Education and consists of 6 key persons:
1. Mr. SIN Putheasath
2. Mr. HAB Sokchamnan
3. Mr. PEN Dina
4. Mr. HEM Suntrakwadh
5. Mr. MEN Chivorn
6. Mr. CHOU Sophonrak